Monday, October 22, 2007

Oooooh we're halfway there....

I passed my single-engine add on oral today!! 1/2way to being a commercial pilot with asel and amel and instrument (no more dorky 'private pilot priveledges single engine').

The oral was...interesting. It was only about 45 minutes and I think the check pilot figured out about 10 minutes in that I knew what I was talking about because almost every question was so far out there that I wasn't even expected to know it. However we must've spent 20 minutes on maneuvering speed and how stall speed changes with bank angle and whoa. Then I don't think we even went over 5 systems. But come on, it's a 172. After fuel, avionics and electrical, what is there to go over?

All in all, everything was very abstract and "let's test your correlation level of learning," whereas my previous commercial oral was much more "tell me about the electrical system of the seminole." It was a workout of an oral, let me tell you!!

Waiting for the flight to get scheduled...in an hour I'm off the hook for it being tomorrow, which is nice because the Wx is no good for practice today. Hard to do chandelles when the ceilings are 2500 bkn.

In knitting + flying news, I got invited to Fly n' Stitch on ravelry!! It is so cool to see a group full of pilots and dispatchers who knit ;) Hopefully a few of us can go to Women in Aviation next March and have a little knitting meeting!!

David took this a few weeks ago when we were flying, it's my new favorite picture:

1 comment:

Katie O said...

I'm so excited!! I love the fact that lots of us flyers/dispatchers etc, are on ravelry!! We have talked alot about going to San Diego! It would be really fun!!! :) Looks like you are having fun. My suggestion is to talk to everyone you know in aviation regarding getting ratings... it is a crazy time in aviation right now.... lots more options then 5 years ago!! Good luck!! jetgirl1313 on ravelry