Thursday, July 10, 2008

They say you're not an airline pilot until..

So it looks as if I'll be displaced to ACY starting August 1st as a result of the 45 furloughs that Spirit's enacting.

Unfortunately we already know there's going to be a 2nd, even larger furlough, we're just all sitting around waiting for it to happen, which is even more frustrating.

Got to fly to Montego Bay, Jamaica in the 321 the other day with an all-female crew! I've never seen so many terrified men in my life :P

Unfortunately we left at max ZFW which meant we had very, very little extra fuel. We basically left at the minimum required by law each time. We were so heavy in the 321 that the captain and I decided that the best course of action was to use TOGA power both takeoffs since we had very little available stopping distance. Those Jamaicans can pack!!

I've been on reserve all week, off duty finally tomorrow. I can't wait to get home and see David, I've seen him so little lately. I already got two trips for next week so that'll relieve some of my boredom!

Also, lines come out at noon tomorrow so I'll spend part of my afternoon trying to decipher that. See how it'll be in ACY! There's also been a phone message from the union saying that the company didn't include our 4 days off in between trips, so we'll see if that's still there tomorrow. Hopefully the union raises enough of a stink that we get our days off back! The majority of the pilot base commutes, we need those 4 days off!!

No comments: